The Difference between CCD Direct Reading Spectrometer and Photomultipliers Spectrometer
CCD direct reading spectrometer and PMT direct reading spectrometer are two direct reading spectrometers with different detection principles, CCD is mainly for constant analysis of non-ferrous metal alloy materials (C, S, P, N and other non-metallic measurements are not suitable), and PMT mainly performs well in the testing of ferrous metals (non-metallic element analysis is more reliable), Let's take a look at their specific differences:
1. The use of full spectrum technology can receive all the spectrum lines, so it can achieve real-time peak correction, eliminating the need for peak correction.
2. It can add elements or substrates without changing the hardware, just use standard samples to establish working curve.
3. The instrument has high integration and small volume, generally 300-500mm focal length, (weight 70-150 kg, volume 0.15-0.5 cubic meters).
4. Its signal-to-noise ratio is relatively high, so the detection limit is also high, and the reliability of analysis of non-metallic elements at UV wavelengths is poor. Therefore, it mainly analyzes materials such as nonferrous metals.
5. The detection limit analysis accuracy is 10-3, which can analyze samples with conventional content.
PMT Direct Reading Spectrometer
1. A PMT tube corresponds to a wavelength line, so an element must be equipped with at least one tube, and each channel needs to be corrected for peak sweep.
2. Adding elements or substrates requires additional hardware and cost.
3. The instrument has a large volume, its focal length is 750-1000mm, and the optical chamber is large (weight 260-600kg, volume is about 0.6-2 cubic meters).
4. It has a better signal-to-noise ratio than CCD, so the detection limit is lower, the entrance window of quartz and MfF materials can analyze non-metallic elements in the UV wavelength range, and the element analysis in the UV and VUV bands is more reliable, which is the first choice for analyzing ferros-metals.
5. Its analysis accuracy is 10-7, the analysis accuracy is 10000 times higher, and it can also perform ultra-low content analysis.